Fake Tokidoki Bags Spotted at Chaque Jour in Los Angeles

If you live in Los Angeles and are shopping on Melrose for Tokidoki bags, be sure to AVOID Chaque Jour! Reader Xtina spotted a bunch of fakes in their front window and was nice enough to take some photos and send them in:

fake tokidoki bags fake tokidoki bags fake tokidoki bags

15 Responses to “Fake Tokidoki Bags Spotted at Chaque Jour in Los Angeles”

1. ~* bunny *~ says:

wow that sucks. is this an expensive-type store? like, what are there other items.. and are they trying to sell these for the msrp of real ones??? cuz that would be even worse. but im hoping anyone shopping at melrose would know the difference!

2. ~* bunny *~ says:

wow that sucks. is this an expensive-type store? like, what are their other items?.. and are they trying to sell these for the msrp of real ones??? cuz that would be even worse. but im hoping anyone shopping at melrose would know the difference!

3. ~* bunny *~ says:

oops sorry, didnt mean to post 2~!

4. Christina says:

Actually I’ve seen them.. They’re very cheap, $20 or so. I thought they were real from afar last time I was there for JapanLA, so I ran to the store and saw “Flower’s Spring” written on them. They’re exactly like the ones in your “How To Avoid Fakes” post! I thought that’s where you saw them but I was mistaken. Isn’t it illegal to sell fakes or even imitations as close as that in the USA?

5. starz_nova says:

Lots of fakes around. If the bag is too cheap to be true, it’s most probably a fake.

6. tokidokiblog says:

Christina, it must not be illegal, because the shops on Canal Street in NYC are filled with fake EVERYTHING. I have actually caught some of them scoping out my real Tokidoki bag there before and commenting on how much people pay for the real versions of it. :\

7. Kryssydoki says:

I wanted to know, have you seen any bags that are very close to the real thing? The ones in the pictures are obvious fakes, but I wanted to if any on Ebay were even close in looks or comparison?

8. kula_bear says:

I think I’ve seen this store before when I was home about a month ago. But they didnt have them displayed yet. There’s also another store that sells fake sweaters, I even commented on it and the SA just gave me a smirk and a dirty look.

9. Dee says:

I also spotted some obviously fake ones in a shop on 8th Street in NYC, on the north side of the street just west of Broadway. DId’nt catch the name of the place because it was late at night, but it’s one of those trendy/gothy shops you see alot in the area.

10. Christina says:

I did some research and found that it is illegal! People actually go to jail for selling fakes. I guess since there’s too many in places like Chinatown or NY, it’s too hard to regulate everyone. Still, I feel like since it’s just one store on Melrose, I’m kind of obligated to tell the authorities =/.

I read that because places like China and Korea aren’t bound to the counterfeit laws that some countries have signed or agreed to abide to, a lot of the US’s fake bags come from those countries. Makes me sad *sighs*

11. Kristina says:

I think that’s the store that’s on the same block as Munky King, and around the corner from JapanLA. OH THE IRONY.

12. xtina says:

yeah it is on the same block as monky king! thats where i was coming from when i saw them… i hate that people sell fakes. so sad…..

13. Dee says:

Not much you can do to combat it other than only buying authentic.

14. THAT IS WRONG! i heart tokidoki and fake tokidoki bags!? phht! omg

15. Selena says:

dang………id sew them thats just wrong