Ro Reports on the tokidoki Goodness at San Diego Comic-Con Preview Night

Last night was preview night at the San Diego, CA Comic-Con, and reader Ro reported back that Simone was there the whole time signing! She said that he was very nice and signed anything you wanted him to, took pictures, etc. The tokidoki booth also had tons of merchandise on sale for prices less than on the tokidoki.it website (like girls’ t-shirts for only $20!).

It also turned out that the surprise for tokidoki fans at the STRANGEco booth were special Adios and Ciao Ciao figures in gray scale (platinum). They were exclusively available at SDCC and had a very small production run (she thinks it was under 500). Ro bought one of each and Simone signed them for her, and she sent in the following pictures to share with everyone:

tokidoki special edition adios and ciao ciao

tokidoki special edition adios and ciao ciao

tokidoki special edition adios and ciao ciao

14 Responses to “Ro Reports on the tokidoki Goodness at San Diego Comic-Con Preview Night”

1. Brie says:

Amazing gray scale Adios and Ciao Ciao toys! I wish I was at the SDCC. Ro you are very lucky to get a chance to meet Simone. I know celebrites/designers could be alittle cruel at times. But I am glad Simone was kind enough to sign anything. And 20 bucks for girls tees that a great deal! Now I really want another tokidoki tee. =)

2. Wow I reallly really really wish I was at the SDCC… and the grey toys are awesome! I hope I can get my hands on a pair too!

3. Mimi says:

yeah… that’s right!! Simone was there signing. I got one of the silver ciao con exclusive too. I was in line and they announced the exhibit hall already closed but Simone was so kind and kept on signing whoever already been standing in line. I wish I could get adios but I don’t have money to buy it. It was lucky night for me… cause I had to work today couldnt attend comic con.

4. brenda says:

lucky you!

5. Eejit says:

The CC exclusive Adios and CiaoCiao are absolutely gorgeous in person — sort of a metallic pewter color. It doesn’t show up so well in the pix, but the faces are light grey as well. $25 each, in a limited edition of 250. I got a pair signed by Simone too, I love them! And Simone is a total doll, he was signing anything and everything for people, all with little drawings, and the line today (Thursday) was almost an hour long! The poor guy had cramps in his hand, he was shaking his hand out and flexing his fingers. But he was so sweet and accomodating and friendly to everyone.

The prices in the toki booth were great — besides the tees for $20, they had hoodies for $50, New Era hats for $30, earrings for $20, pin packs for $5, and I think the watches were $100 and skate decks $50. I’ll definitely be going again next year!

6. Brie says:

I bet Simone’s hands were in pain! I would have kissed his hand like the guys have to kiss the queen of england’s hand. With my kiss to his hand it will make his hand all better! =)

7. ro says:

hello! altho i didn’t make his signing again today (i was hoping to get a mozzarella signed) a girl in the booth told me he’d probably be back today (friday)! it’s really cute to go around the tokidoki booth and see all the girls sporting their lesportsacs! :)

on a less happy note…just a warning to anyone parking in the parking structure. we got robbed today! we drove my husband’s truck. they got in and took a box of stuff we bought in the morning and had dropped off. they got over $500 (that’s grand theft) in stuff including a bunch of cool toys and his baseball equipment. they even took his clothes, eye glasses and contacts! low low people. we filed a police report. just be careful out there! :(

8. bribri says:

Ro, I’m so sorry to hear that had happened to you. I thought that the parking structures would be safer than parking outside :(

If it makes it any better, Simone mentioned to me that his new shoe design of the Onitzuka Tigers will be released in spring 08.

9. Quynh says:

If anyone is there and can get me some the Adios and Ciao Ciao figures I would totally appreciate it!! quynh8@sbcglobal.net
    thanks!

10. Brie says:

Ro,

Terribly sorry that you got robbed. I hope you are able to recover the items and know who stole them. I would be pretty dissapointed if my stuff got stole. They Parking Strucure should have cameras so they can catch the theifts easily. I know your pain of getting robbed. My dad got robbed in 2001. And the only thing they took away from him was his bible!

Just a tip that my dad told me so you all ladies know in the future.

If you have any valubles(purses,tokidoki items,or anything valuble) in the car make sure you use a blanket,towel, or jacket. To cover the valuble items. Or if you have a small items but them in your car bin or under the seat.

Wish you luck in recovering you stuff.

11. Ro – that is awful!! I can’t believe that happened to you. :( I really hope you are able to recover your stolen items somehow.

12. Mickey says:

Ro, I am sorry that happened to you. I would keep your eyes and ears open. If you had limited edition items, signed and special edition you know those horrible people may try to sell them on Ebay or Craigs list. I guarantee they will try to make a profit off of your stuff.

Thanks for the warning…and again sorry you were victimized.

13. ro says:

thanks for the wishes, everyone! mickey…yepp, i’ve been checking eBay every day (i will have to look at craigslist)! i did have 2 of the ice lodge ugly dolls in there and a chris sander’s signed figure…so if any of those pop up on eBay i can see what else they are selling, and if it’s the same combo of stuff we reported stolen i’m going to get them! after feeling very violated…my husband and i were able to shake it off and have a good time yesterday! (^_^)

14. I’m glad that you were still able to have a good time despite what happened – and thanks again for sharing your SDCC preview night report with all of us! It has been really fun lately getting so much great info and photos from readers to share. :)